It’s only natural for homeowners to want to be comfortable in their home and take pride in its appearance and the best way to ensure that your property maintains its value is to perform proper maintenance and repairs. Save On Roofing offers residential roofing installations and re-roofing in Edmonton using time-tested products from trusted manufacturers.
Is your roof starting to show its age? Do you know how to tell if your home needs a new roof? If you notice a leak that’s a clear indication, but there are subtler signs as well. Here are 5 signs that your shingle roof needs replacing:
1. Curling or Clawing Shingles— Curling or clawing shingles could be the result of aging roof system or could just be an indication of excessive heat. Asphalt shingles are susceptible to weather conditions such as wind uplift, hail damage and ice damage, and can become rigid, lose tabs, and break more easily.
2. Missing Granules and Bare Spots— Climatic conditions and weather extremes are not the only hazards that affect your home’s roof. Conditions such as poorly arranged downspouts, missing or damaged eavestroughing, or ineffectual valley drainage can result in a waterfall effect that can cause bare spots and a loss of granules. This will lead to decay and allow water to infiltrate your roof system.
3. Broken or Missing Shingles— Often caused by wind, hail or other physical factors, broken or missing shingles can be an entry point for water.
4. Buckling Shingles— Usually a result of age or an underlay that has been improperly installed, buckling shingles make your roof vulnerable to damage from wind and ice.
5. Damaged Flashing— Over time the metal flashing installed around skylights, chimneys and other roof features will start to separate, allowing fasteners to become loose and flanges to lift and allowing water to enter.
If you notice any of these signs, call the professional licensed roofing contractors at Save On Roofing before your problem grows.
Environmentally Friendly Shingle Disposal
Asphalt shingles in particular have tremendous recycling potential. Save On Roofing recycles whenever possible and is environmentally conscious and conscientious when disposing of roofing materials.
Request a free quote to get started today!